An employer in Algonquin Park is looking to hire a Camp Cook
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Assist the Camp Chef in daily meal production.
• Responsible for conducting daily baking production.
• Assist the Camp Chef in management of the day to day kitchen operation.
• Manage the kitchen staff and the meal service in the absence of the Camp Chef.
• Maintain excellent health and hygiene practices, and adhere to the camp’s kitchen work policies.
• Ensure that special diet meals are prepared for campers, staff and visitors with special needs.
• Ensure the camp minimizes food waste, and complies with County, Pathfinder and Algonquin Park practices for food and waste handling and cleanliness.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in comparable setting required.
• Prior experience preferred in a children’s summer camp kitchen/food service.
• Secondary School completion required.
• Culinary education qualifications or certification required
• Cooking/baking skills for large groups.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Cuisine specialties: Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian, special diets, etc.
• Number of positions: 1 – 2. One position may commence earlier due to camp opening date and small group food service in advance of the main season.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.