Camp Pathfinder in Algonquin is hiring a Camp Chef!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
|Employer: Camp Pathfinder
Position: Camp Camp Chef
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Algonquin Park, Huntsville, Ontario
Employment Address: Source Lake, Algonquin Park, Huntsville, Ontario P1H 2H1
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
24-week duration (1 week unpaid in August for camp closure) from May 1 – October 15, 2023, based on 40-hour week – 5 days on, 2 days off
• Eligible for room and board
• Eligible for medical coverage
• Performance bonus per contract completion / overall camp financial performance
Salary: $26.06 – $31.25 CAD per hour ($1043 – $1,200 CAD per week) depending on experience
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com and include “Camp Chef” in the email subject line.
Duties & Qualifications
Pathfinder Camp Chef
|• Prior experience in charge of a summer camp food service program or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience lead-cooking in summer camp setting or specific equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge of menu planning, food buying and inventory control.
• Experience implementing a vegetarian and special diets alternative menu.
• Knowledge of and experience with canoe trip food, menus, and outfitting.
• Excellent communication and staff management skills.
• Secondary school completion required.
• Culinary education qualifications or certification required.
• Cuisine specialties: Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian, special diets, etc.
• Seasonal/Full Time/Residential.
• Day/Evening/Night, Weekday/Weekend.
• A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate.
|How to Apply:
A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate.
Camp Pathfinder, est. 1914
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.