JOB POSTING # 1412-18-2
Behaviour Therapist (BT)
HOURS OF WORK:
Up to 35 hours per week. The BT may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Contract ending March 31, 2019 (with possibility of extension).
Parry Sound, ON
The BT may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
Minimum $20.14 to maximum $25.15 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience,
This posting will remain open and applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, requires Behaviour Therapists to support the provision of and directly provide behavioral services to children and their families in the Ontario Autism Program, under the supervision of a Senior Therapist.
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or diploma in Human Services
• Post graduate autism certificate preferred
• Six (6) months related work experience in behavioural intervention for children with autism preferred
• Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; knowledge and experience in training strategies
• Knowledge in the use of video equipment and evaluation tools
• Current CPR/First Aid certification
• Training in crisis intervention would be considered an asset
• A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle
• Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy
• Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1412-18-2 to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca Is Lokking for a Behaviour Therapist in the Parry Sound Area