Olympia Sports Camp in Huntsville is looking for an Assistant Kitchen Manager, to join a fast-paced kitchen.
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Leading the kitchen team in the absence of the food service manager
– Assisting the food service Manager with scheduling, supply inventory and orders
– Prepare, season, and cook nutritious balanced foods using gas, electric and steam powered commercial kitchen equipment such as soups, salads, meats, fish, vegetables, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
– Ensure meals are attractive, the correct temperature, and portion size and served in a timely manner according to the camp schedule. Maintain a clean and organized workplace.
– Study menus and understand the camp schedule to be able to plan and prepare proper amounts of food for a fluctuating level of campers.
– Knowledge of special dietary requirements including but not limited to, vegan, vegetarian, carb count, celiac, allergies and anaphylaxis. With skills to be able to create these meals safely, with creativity to meet the nutritional needs of the campers
– Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labeled, stored, and rotated properly following the FIFO method
-Ensure the completion of required documentation, such as daily meal temperature sheet, daily fridge and freezer temperature and daily task list
– Serve and assist in the service of meals in back and front of the house. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go.
– Ensure that health and safety, sanitation and Safe food handling standards are followed and maintained.
– Find opportunities to positively interact with campers, guests, and camp staff.
– Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment
Very Competitive pay, employee accommodation and free food and beverage. If you are seeking a challenging, fun, and great learning environment, Olympia Sports Camp is ideal for you. Use of all facilities when they are not in use by groups or campers. Situated on a lake with use of private 1.5 km beach front.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
– 4+ years of experience in a food service environment
– Solid knowledge of standards in food preparation, serving and other kitchen procedures
– Experience cooking for large groups (300-600 people)
– Solid arithmetic skills and ability to memorize details
– Supervisory role experience
– Ordering and inventory experience
– Time management, problem solving and organizational skills
– Ability to work under pressure and switch tasks as needed
– Safe food Handlers Certification (or willingness to obtain)
– First Aid/ CPR Certification
– Clear criminal background check
– Able to work on their feet up to 8 hours a day
– Ability to lift up to 50lbs bags and boxes
Apply Online: https://olympiasportscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.