Grow Your Career with HALL!. Hall Construction Inc. is hiring an Asphalt Operator/Labourer, reporting to the Asphalt Driveway Supervisor.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Hall Construction Inc. (Hall Construction) is a dynamic and specialized construction company dedicated to providing the highest quality construction services to our many valued clients and customers.
Our commitment to quality and superior workmanship is second to none. Established over 40 years ago, Hall Construction has been providing granular materials, Superpave asphalt aggregates, granite specialty materials, environmentally sensitive products, and landscaping materials from our 8 conveniently located aggregate sites.
In addition, and with a dedicated team of long-term employees, we are proud to work to improve the local residential infrastructure throughout the Greater Muskoka Area, not only for our clients but also for ourselves, as we work where we live!
Our business also focuses on construction specialties such as; underground service installation, rock blasting (by Georgian Rock Company Limited, a division of Hall Construction), granular placement, grading, culverts and structures. Our services also include site development work, site servicing, landscaping, recreational courts & facilities, and driveways.
Through our current growth strategy, we are looking for qualified and skilled staff who want to work in a dynamic team environment where they can stand out for their skills, abilities and take credit for the projects they complete. The successful candidate will be provided with on-the-job training and any necessary certificates/courses to ultimately develop a long-term career path with the company.
The Asphalt Operator/Labourer works under the oversight of the Asphalt Driveway Supervisor who has a focused skill in asphalt placement, paver operation, roller operation, aggregate placement, road construction and/or driveway construction, and/or the ability to set grades. The Asphalt Operator/Labourer, must be able to operate paving and grading equipment proficiently, and labour to complete the project with a high attention to detail. The Asphalt Operator/Labourer reports directly to the Asphalt Driveway Supervisor and is responsible for the quality, and safe performance of the project and completion of the project on time and budget. The essential elements of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Abide by all company policies, procedures
- Maintain a positive attitude and the reputation of Hall Construction Inc.
- Engage in physical labor including lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Able to expertly operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to; paving equipment, compaction equipment, generators, bobcats, etc…
- Ability to operate other construction excavation or grading equipment as required
- Competent in the use of various hand tools and powered (pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic…) industrial tools, including pressure washers, saws, drills etc…
- Ensures and completes proper use/maintenance/repair of equipment and immediately notifies supervisor of any mechanical failure or problems with the equipment
- Adheres to and uses personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes, skin, face, hand and foot protection, and work processes, in a multiple number of combinations
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment
- Able to work in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance or at heights, with the appropriate PPE and training
- Responsible for working in a safe, sensible fashion with attention to detail and a high level of quality
- Able to communicate clearly with clients, supervisors/managers, and to co-ordinate with other Labourers and Operators
- Other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management
- Maintain any company sites, tools, and equipment assigned in a clean, orderly state, ensure that garbage is containerized and disposed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary school education an asset, but not required
- Valid drivers license may be required as a continuing condition of employment
- and restricted A license an asset
- Maintain a clean driving record
- OSHA based Training an asset
Required knowledge and understanding:
Knowledge of asphalt road construction and construction practices
Knowledge of materials, and equipment capacities/limitations etc.
Computer/Tablet/Smart phone skills an asset
Attention to detail
Able to take and comply with directions
Able to perform multiple tasks
This position involves regular physical exertion. Positions constantly requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs., pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in/out of confined spaces, and equipment operation. Frequently requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses). Occasionally requires sitting. Requires the ability to properly wear and use forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including chainsaw operator protection equipment, and specialized PPE which may be required for confined space entries.
If you believe you meet the requirements of this position, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please note, that only candidates that meet the requirements of the position will be contacted to discuss next steps in the interview process. We thank all applicants for their interest in Hall Construction, an equal opportunity employer.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.