Campfire Circle, Muskoka, is looking for Arts and Crafts Program Staff.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
Start Date: June 21st, 2023 End Date: September 3rd, 2023
- Development and Instruction of an Arts program that is: safe, creative, challenging, accessible, experiential, ability and age appropriate, environmentally friendly, and fun.
- Instruct and facilitate groups of parents/guardians and/or their children ages 0 to 18 as they participate in fine arts-based programming. This includes Arts & Crafts and Pottery
- Maintain equipment and track supply inventory, ensure that all necessary supplies are restocked as required.
- Work with the Head of Land Activities and Overnight Program Manager to adapt and adjust curriculum and activities from session to session based on feedback and experiences.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures and logging as trained and directed.
- Set up and prepare activities and activity areas in accordance with, but not limited to the standards of the camp, the guidelines of the Ontario Camps Association (OCA), and the organization’s COVID protocols.
- Participate in risk management with the program area and site emergency procedures.
- Assist in facilitation of on-site volunteer training.
- Support the planning, prepping, and execution of camp wide programs, theme, and other activities.
- Support, coach, and lead volunteers in achieving safe, fun, and engaging programs.
- Assist volunteers in providing general support and supervision to campers and families.
- Attend and participate in various program areas, staff meetings, and socials as required.
- Support with summer bus programs and bus chaperoning as needed
- Support the task of ensuring the program binder is kept up to date (activity plans, inventory, and camper records).
- Communicate Arts Program needs and concerns to the Head of Land Activities and Overnight Program Manager.
- Report on the achievement of site-specific program plans and Arts Program plans.
- Ensure accident/incident report forms are completed.
- Produce an end of summer report capturing daily procedures, reflections on the summer and notes for future staff members in this role.
- Help build and maintain a positive, inclusive and supportive camp community, ensuring that lines of communications are accessible, open and positive and acting as a role model within the camp community.
- Identify staff/volunteer concerns as they arise and alert the Camp Director and Manager of recurring or unresolved issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Camp Director or their designate.
- Experience as a staff or volunteer in a camp environment and/or working with children in a recreational setting.
- Experience working with children with disabilities and/or additional physical, behavioural, and/or psycho-social needs as well as experience facilitating adaptive programming
- Experience facilitating recreational arts-based programming.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification for duration of the contract or willing & able to successfully take the certification (paid for by Campfire Circle).
- Demonstrated ability to work with children with serious illnesses and an understanding of how illness impacts the entire family.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
- A current G or G2 Class driver’s license and eligible to be insured under camp policy.
- Bronze Cross or NL certification. Particular Working Conditions:
- This position requires living at the Rainbow Lake or Muskoka campsites for the duration of the contract – room and board is provided. Routine evenings and weekend commitments are required.
- In consideration of the population Campfire Circle serves, the incumbent is a nonsmoker.
Physical Requirements: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions and supporting camp life require the following physical demands: lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is largely performed in an outdoor environment, working at heights. The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Able to lift 20 kg
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details regarding this position please follow: https://campfirecircle.org/wp-content/uploads/Arts-Crafts-Program-Staff-FULL.pdf
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.