An employer located in the South River, Burk’s Falls and Powassan area is seeking an employee to fill their Adult literacy instructor intern position!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
- Facilitating learning for small groups of multi-level, mixed age adults (anywhere from basic reading and writing to achieving Grade 12 credits, as well as basic computer instruction and financial literacy)
- Conducting initial, ongoing and exit assessments
- Developing and updating training plans
- Knowledge of the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework
- Keeping student records and statistical data
- Providing information and referrals
- Investigating and implementing emerging Poverty Reduction Strategies
- Evaluating the program for ongoing improvements and participating in professional development opportunities as well as liaising with other literacy programs providers and community partners
- The ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, email, Internet as well as a solid understanding of computers
- Seeking and applying for grants, as well as organizing and implementing fundraisers
- Develop and maintain a fundraising database
- Develop and maintain statistical reports to be used for outreach and fundraising
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position must be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Preference will be given to applicants with education and experience relevant to Adult Literacy Instructors.
Postsecondary education required, preferably in: education, but graduates with a background in sociology, financial planning or social work will be considered.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.