SKATE PATROLLER/TICKET TAKER
(Recreation, Arts and Culture Department)
Position: Non-Union, Casual/ Part-time
Pay Range: $14.60/hr (students under 18) - $15.50/hr (over 18)
Under the direction of the Director of Recreation and Culture, the Town of Gravenhurst is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic Skate Patrol attendant to start in the fall. Skate Patrol attendants are responsible for providing a positive and fun environment for participants while ensuring that safety policies and procedures are implemented; In addition, Skate Patrol attendants will respond effectively to any first aid situations as they may arise.
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
• Minimum of 14 years old
• Experience working in a recreational setting as well as excellent ice skating abilities
• Direct experience in implementing safety rules and regulations and the ability to ensure a positive and fun skating experience for participants is required
• Required to provide and wear a CSA approved hockey helmet
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills Candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team environment as well as to work independently
• Previous work/ volunteer experience with good references
• Cash handling experience
• Demonstrated skating ability
• Current Emergency First Aid
• Must be able to exercise good judgment
Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the Town of Gravenhurst.
Interested applicants are invited to apply in confidence to:
Corporation of the Town of Gravenhurst
3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1Z3
Attention: Human Resources
(705) 687-7016 (FAX)
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Gravenhurst is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. All information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M. 56