Almaguin Highlands Community Living is a non-profit association that provides services and support to people who have an intellectual disability. We have been servicing the District of East Parry Sound for over 36 years. Our region reaches from Callander to Emsdale and over to Magnetawan. We are looking for a Part-time Support Worker for the Powassan area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Support Worker provides support to individuals in any or all environments, including home, work, leisure, recreation, or other community places. The support worker is responsible for assisting the individual in all aspects of daily living. Community inclusion, independence, decision making and personal choice should be promoted through these supports with a focus on individual needs.
Assistance could be in the form of daily living skills, administering medication, attending community events, assisting with employment or volunteer opportunities, personal finances, medical appointments, personal care, or other needs. Documentation and planning are also a large part of the job.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Social Services field
- Experience supporting people who have a developmental disability
- Must have a valid Class G drivers license
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle, and willingness to attain the proper insurance endorsement for transporting individuals
- Able to provide a favourable Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Maturity, ability to work well on a team and with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position.
Hours: Up to 12 hours per week plus call-in shifts as needed, Weekends, evenings and afternoons.
Wages: $21.95 per hour +4% vacation pay + 4.75% in lieu of benefits.
To apply: Interested candidates, please send resume & cover letter to Liane Trottier, Human Resources Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more information about our agency at our website here: http://www.ahcl.org/.