Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position is responsible for the painting and staining of walls and furniture in guest rooms, meeting rooms and/or public spaces as required.
- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings and furniture using brushes, spray guns or rollers
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning or using water and/or abrasive blasting
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and post appropriate paint signs
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous painting, staining experience required
- Previous hotel, or building operation experience an asset
- Familiarity with WHMIS standards, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) etc. an asset
- Health & Safety training, an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move up and down a ladder
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.