Your safety and the safety of your team are of utmost importance at Budget Propane. Full compliance with internal safety policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements is expected. An understanding of MTO requirements for CVOR vehicles, Transport Canada requirements for the transportation of dangerous goods and the OH&SA is required. Budget Propane’s commitment to your safety includes provision of regular safety training, provision of PPE and observation and enforcement of safe work practices.
Safe Work Requirements:
· Ensuring the safety of coworkers, customers, and yourself!
· Maintain your CVOR vehicle in good working order and perform all required inspections and documentation
· Compliance with all internal Safety Policies and best practices
· Compliance with Personal Protective Equipment requirements
· Compliance with OH&SA, MTO, TC & TDG requirements.
· Required to comply with Fit for Duty Policy when on duty
Technical job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Apply technical knowledge in the installation and servicing of propane cylinders, tanks, tubing, piping and when required installation and service of propane appliances.
· Maintain truck inventory for your service vehicle,
· Accurate and thorough documentation of service work, Gas Checks, and installations to facilitate accurate invoicing, tracking of services delivered and fulfilment of regulatory requirements
· Crane truck operation during delivery of propane tanks
· Trenching by hand or while utilizing trenching equipment for the installation of buried gas lines
· Deliver service excellence through the delivery of quality work on a timely basis
· Communicate effectively with customers to keep them informed of the work being done and managing their expectations.
· Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations.
· Willing to work either day or afternoon shifts, and weekends as scheduled. On-call duties are assigned in rotation.
· Gas technicians with a DZ license may be required to operate a bulk truck to delivery propane during peak heating season months.
· Shifts are typically 8 to 10 hours per day with overtime required based on workload
· Day shift starts at 7:30 am
· Scheduled on call responsibilities are rotated within the team. Anticipate 1 week per two months of on call responsibilities
Requirements:Provincial Gas Fitter Level 2 – Certificate Required
Valid driver’s license and a clean driver abstract – Class D preferred
Three (3) years of related experience preferred
Technical knowledge of propane appliances, equipment, and plant operations.
Physically able to lift heavy objects on a regular basis (example - tipping 120 G Propane tanks upright, lifting concrete slabs to support propane tanks, etc.)
A commitment to customer service
Computer literacy, capable of using service apps, GPS mapping systems, typical communications software such as email, Whats App, text etc.
Must be capable of manual trenching and burial of gas lines
Must be capable of lifting concrete base for propane tanks and levelling to support propane tanks
Must be capable of lifting 50 lb. sandbags to address icy conditions on cottage roads when encountered
Must be capable of shovelling, sand, gravel, snow etc.Budget Propane is committed to employment diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people who reflect the diversity in our community.How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org