The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit will be offering a Safe Food Handling Course!!
The Food Handler Certificate Course is designed to teach food handlers of safe food handling. Participants will have a basic understanding of how to identify risk factors associated with foodborne illness and the skills necessary to handle food in a manner that will prevent illness from occurring. Topics of discussion include public health legislation, food microbiology, food protection and preparation, introduction to HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) procedures, cleaning/sanitizing and personal hygiene.
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Time: 9:00am to 4:30pm
Location: Royal Canadian Legion Branch 390 95 Ottawa street, South River, ON
Cost: $45.00 per person
Class Size: Not to exceed 25 participants
Pre-registration is required:
Please call to register:
North Bay area: 705-474-1400 ext. 2553/2354
Parry Sound area: 705-746-5801 ext. 3201
Upon successful completion of a 6½ hour program and an examination, the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit will issue a Food Safety Certificate. This certificate meets the Ontario Ministry of Health mandatory food safety training requirements and is recognized by Health units in Ontario.
- Pre-registration is required with payment at least one week prior to course date.
- Payment by cash or cheque (cheque to be made out to: North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit)
- Course may be cancelled if there are not enough students enrolled.
- Registrants who cannot attend on course day can have their fee refunded if 24 hours’ notice in advance of the course date is received by this Health Unit.
- Registrants are responsible for providing their own lunch.